Tuesday 31 March 2015

Another blog about why I never blog...

Well jeez, stopped by here thinking 'I haven't blogged in a while', bit of an understatement, I haven't blogged in 3 years! Cripes!

A lot has happened since my last update, the most important aspect of which was moving house, twice, in fact we moved country! We moved to Edinburgh, Scotland in 2013, then moved through to Glasgow at the start of this year. Glasgow's nice, we have a balcony, it rains a lot though.

In August 2013 and August 2014 we ran our event Silhouette Burlesque at the Tron Kirk, Edinburgh Fringe. There's a ton of pics I don't have time to post here but I will at some point. It was a fantastic experience to run our show in such a huge venue. I was pleased that we got to run it 'punk' and instead of charging for tickets or entry, we took a bucket around the crowd at the end of the show for donations instead. Pay what you can afford, Cabaret for all! It was brilliant both years.





I'm currently working on two photography projects. Inspirations and Characters of Cabaret, a studio portrait piece and an academic piece comparing and contrasting the Independent Pro-Wrestling scene and the Cabaret scene. It's been a while since I've gotten my teeth into a decent Social anthropology piece so I'm really having fun with this one.

My Etsy shop is coming along well, I've increased the range of product lines although I've sold a lot of stuff and now have some gaps in the colour palettes that I need to re-stock. You can see the current lines here

Since moving to Scotland I have also started teaching sewing and crafts. My next workshop set is 'Making Undergarments' at The Stichery in Glasgow, you can view more details and book a place on the course on The Stitchery Website HERE I'll be teaching how to make a soft cup bra and briefs set which can also be made as swimwear. Course starts 20th April, but places are selling fast.

In hobbies news I have gotten rather good at customising dolls, I'll be adding some blogs here in future with some tutorials and tips. I've found working with dolls has really helped reinvigorate my creativity. When you're a self-employed artist, you get to a point where most of the stuff you do creatively has an audience, or a market. Your decisions are somewhat led by who you intend to sell that product to. Customising dolls for fun, with no end goal in mind other than having fun making them, is really liberating. In turn the dolls sat around my studio now are kind of inspiring my work, like 'what kind of hat would that doll wear if she were a human?'

And then it was now, other stuff happened, but hey, who can be bothered to read a blog chronicling the past three years of my life, cause I sure as hell can't be bothered to write it. Hopefully this time I'll get round to blogging more than once every 3 years!

CF
x

No comments:

Post a Comment